Friday 11 December 2009

Toy of the Year - Waving the Fairy Wand

This is one of those toys!

Highly satisfactory for use as a couple and truly exceptional when you're flying solo.

The Fairy Wand from MyPleasure is a mini version of the Hitachi Magic Wand.

The same circular spinning end and with a nice range of attachments to slip onto it. But, the most important point to stress is the POWER.

The OMG! factor.

At only about eight inches long and an inch in diameter, pound for pound, this little fellow packs a mighty punch.

The thing about the Hitachi is that, even in my menopausal state where my nerve endings are just not so sensitive down there, it can be just too damn strong... and that's on the lower of the two settings.

With the Fairy Wand, that power is controlled with a variable speed/power dial that you can scroll with your thumb for less or, indeed, more. It has all the oomph of its bigger sister but delivers the control to the operator. So, it can satisfy those of us of a certain age who sometimes need extra intense, clitoral stimulation as well as catering for the needs of the younger woman.

The flexible neck makes the device incredibly versatile, following the body's curves and contours during all over erotic massage, but also allowing pinpoint accuracy in more intimate areas.

Because I'm not in the States, it was suggested that it would be better to use the battery pack rather than the mains power lead. So I popped in all six AA batteries... which probably should have given me the biggest clue as to how much more I was going to get than with a standard vibrator. Surprisingly, it was not that noisy. I would say considerably less than some of the vibrators I have tested recently although, obviously not in the Lelo league for silent operation.

Riding Ruf in reverse cowgirl, it was light and easy to hold with one hand and compact enough that there was plenty of room for penetration as I attacked my clit with it in that position. We later discovered that it also works in both doggie and when on my back with my leg on his shoulder. It produced a truly fabulous clitoral orgasm for Ruf to ride as his penetration took me over the edge with a gspot double whammy.

Definitely worthy of a regular slot in the toybox for when we are together.

Obviously, I took it home with me to give it a proper test on its own with the intriguing attachments. These are made of silicon so I remembered to use a water-based lube on both me and them.

I awoke one Saturday morning with the urge upon me. Some particularly stimulating thoughts of Ruf securing me spreadeagled on the dining room table and systematically testing the contents of the toybox, if you must know! I pulled out the Wand and slid on attachment number one. This is a dimpled flat leaf-shaped piece of silicone. It's about two inches long and an inch and a half wide and is designed to fit neatly inside your labia so that your vulva and clit are nicely covered. Switch on and feel the vibration gradually increase by scrolling the button. When I finally reached maximum, I could feel every muscle in my pelvic floor contracting tighter and tighter until, with a great sigh, everything released and the orgasm hit.

After a brief respite, I changed to the other 'head'. This has a little penis-type shape about two inches long by an inch in diameter with a smaller version of the dimpled leaf-shape at the front. Slipping the little cock inside me, I positioned the clit stimulator as before and whacked up the power dial. I'm sure my face must have been a picture in reaction to the effect of this little beauty. Following so quickly upon the previous event, everything was still very aroused and so my innards were really motoring in response to this one. The simultaneous stimulation of both the clit and that sensitive area just inside the entrance to my vagina... well, words fail me!

So, three distinctly different methods to orgasm - the spinning wheel, the large flat head and the cock/clit combi. Not too loud. Loads of oomph. The only downside is the heavy battery pack and the lead extending from the end of the wand to it. But it's a longish lead and there were far too many other distractions to really make it worth complaining about.

This is definitely a regular and will be making the journey with me to Ruf's on a regular basis. It's far too useful as a solo implement to leave there permanently.

I would say this is probably my favourite toy of the year and comes highly recommended!


Buy adult toys, games and gifts at MyPleasure.

5 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I wonder if it gives a decent neck massage as well.

Fat Controller said...

I find silicon attachments rather hard and unyielding. I much prefer them to be made of silicone. LOL!!!

Joanna Cake said...

MrB - As with the Hitachi, neck massages and indeed any part of the body massages are extremely pleasant with the Fairy Wand. I told you, it's very versatile :)

FC - LMAO! Oops, Im afraid I failed both the chemistry and physics elements of science. Biology, on the other hand, I was very good at :) Thanks for putting me straight :P

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I bought the durex version of this, primarily as a neck massager and was really, really disappointed.
As I'm still hunting for a suitable, affordable alternative, this sounds great! Thanks for such an informative review,
BG Xx

Jay said...

Oooh, that sounds fun! I want one!